Sunday, July 5, 2009

Planning a Road Trip

I live in New York State, and only became interested in the Lewis and Clark Expedition recently from the audio book version of Undaunted Courage : Meriwether Lewis, Thomas Jefferson, and the Opening of the American West.
Now that the weather is warm, I want to get out and see the Lewis and Clark Trail! The plan is to drive out to St. Louis, follow the trail to the mouth of the Columbia River, follow it back to St. Louis, and then drive back home. Hopefully the trip eastward will be enhanced by ideas and knowledge gained on the trip westward.

I want to make videos along the way and post them to YouTube. From there the videos can be embedded on pages in this blog and my website. I plan to stay over at places with Wi-Fi coverage so that I can upload videos and blog about the trip along the way. This means that I'll need a camcorder and a laptop computer, and I also want to get a GPS Navigator. Once these are procured and set up, I'll need to learn the procedure for recording, transferring to PC, uploading to YouTube, and then I should be on my way!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like its going to be a great trip Doug. I wish you all the best in your travels and will be looking forward to tweets, videos, and new content. God speed!
    Tipigal

    ReplyDelete